We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour Itinerary

Atlanta
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour Itinerary

We’re renting a car to tour both Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Palaces on Monday, April 18. The car rental company is at the Hauptbahnhof station and we’ll be picking up the car around 7:30. According to google maps, from the station, it takes approximately 1.75 hours to Neuschwanstein and 1.25 hours to Linderhof. I looked at Viator and noted that there are three tour types that would also be going out to these castles (one directly to Neuschwanstein and the other two starting at Linderhof, leaving Munich at 9:30 and 8:30, respectively). Based on this, it seems that the castles would be less crowded if we went to Neuschwanstein first and then Linderhof in the afternoon. I can reserve only Neuschwanstein tickets online. Here are my questions:

1) With this itinerary, would 10:30 be too early for a ticket reservation? This time allows for a 15 minute driving cushion and an hour to pick-up the tickets and walk up to the castle.

2) Would we potentially miss getting to tour the inside of Linderhof if we waited until the afternoon to arrive and buy tickets?

3) What is the foliage typically like this time of year? The only mountain area I’ve been to during this time of year was the Biltmore in Asheville, North Carolina and there they had tulips blooming and the trees were just starting to bud.

Thank you for the information that everyone posts here. This site has really helped me plan our trip.

1. Re: Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Tour Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 06, 2011