We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schliersee transportation

Which Hohenschwangau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
1 post
Save Topic
Schliersee transportation

What is the quickest public transportation from Garmisch or Mittenwald to Schliersee? We will be visiting in September 2009. Thank you. Jenny

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Schliersee transportation

Go to www.bahn.de and change it to English near the top of the page. Then enter From: Mittenwald To: Schliersee Your options and trip price will be shown. If no IC, EC or ICE trains are used (I doubt it), the cost should be 28€ using a Bavaria group train ticket for up to 5 people. Do the same for Garmisch-Partenkirchen if you want to start there. However, no travel before 9AM on weekdays with this ticket.

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,719 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Schliersee transportation

as usual, see www.bahn.de for schedules.

Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Schliersee transportation

Hi Jenny,

My wife and I spent a week in Schliersee in May 2009.

Whilst we had a car we did utilise the local public transport system. There is a local train service as well as a local bus service and we used both. We only speak english with a smattering of german but had no troubles getting around as a lot of people either speak some english or a reasonable amount of english.

I believe that the train would be the easiest way to get to Schliersee.

We really enjoyed the town and the local area and hope that you enjoy it as much as we did.

Hope this helps.

Jim

4. Re: Schliersee transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, December 08, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hohenschwangau