We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hohenschwangau Hotel

easton,ma
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hohenschwangau Hotel

I was looking for help on choosing which hotel to stay in Hohenschwangau. I've looked at the reviews for Hotel Mueller, Schlosshotel Lisl, Jagerhaus and cannot decide. It is for my wife and I (late 20's), the price isn't really a concern (not claiming to be a millionaire though), and we enjoy nice places to stay. Could use some more help?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,764 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hohenschwangau Hotel

To me there is only one choice, the excellent small hotel Villa Jaegerhaus which is in a former hunting lodge. Click on my name to see my review, and another reviewer has also taken some nice photos. All rooms there have castle views, but some of only nextdoor Hohenschwangau. Corner rooms may have views of both castles. So specify a Neuschwanstein view. The rooms one floor up are nice, I would stay in either the center room or NE corner room there. Get a room at least one floor up so that you can leave your curtains open at night for views of lit-up Neuschwanstein from your bed. The restaurant in the associated hotel across the road (Lisl) is very good, and their dining room windows also face Neuschwanstein. They also have package deals including tickets.

2. Re: Hohenschwangau Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:38 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hohenschwangau