We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations

Redlands, CA
Level Contributor
66 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations

Are advance reservations necessary for a visit to the castles in two weeks-last week of March,2008? During our upcoming Germany vacation, we will be driving from Rothenburg to Reutte on March 27 to spend one night. We are not sure if will have time to tour the castles on our way in the afternoon or the next morning, so would like to be able to decide that day. Or are we safer to make a decision now and reserve ticket times as we do not want to miss it?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations

Not necessary in your case. If you stay there (Reutte) you're not under the time pressure like e.g. tourists which do this as day trip from Munich.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,764 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations

I usually like to keep things very flexible, but I think that for Neuschwanstein I would definitely have reservations. You never know when specific English tours might be full, so you are in charge of your destiny, instead of others. I probably would spend the full day visiting other things between Rothenburg and Reutte, there's plenty to see whether you take the Romantic Road or not. Then see Neuschwanstein first thing by taking the first English tour in the morning, which with advanced reservations you will have no problem. Tickets must be picked up at the ticket counter at the latest 1 hour before the tour. You can probably get by without advanced reservations, but why chance having to wait for the next available English tour.

3. Re: Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hohenschwangau