We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

My sister and I (18 and 20) will be traveling to Bavaria this summer (late July, early August) with my Aunt, Uncle and young cousin (5).

Neuschwanstein is high on my list of things to see, and we are planning on staying overnight, either in Hohenschwangau or Fussen. Can anyone recommend a budget place to stay that would be good for the people in our party?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,046 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

This is one of the few places in the world where I'd splurge and go first class. Stay at the excellent Villa Jaegerhaus in Hohenschwangau where it is possible to have close-up views of lit-up by night Neuschwanstein Castle from your bed. Click on my name to see my review, and another reviewer also has taken some nice pictures.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,088 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

During our visit we stayed at the Hotel Rubezahl in Schwangau. The property is budget friendly and the views from the rooms are just a pictured. Read the TA reviews and you will not be disappointed.

www.neuschwanstein-hotel.com/index.html

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g198564-d324…

It is away from the crowds and a little difficult to find.

neuschwanstein-hotel.com/pictures/maps/skizz…

It was about a 10-minute drive from the hotel to the parking lots [blue P] in Hohenschwangau. Walk uphill to the ticket office [red #1].

http://www.hohenschwangau.de/446.0.html

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,281 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

Last summer we stayed at the Gaestehaus Weiher in Hohenschwangau. We had nice although not fancy rooms for about 26 Euros per person per night, including breakfast. It was almost magical to sit on the balcony enjoying the view of the castle and listening to the cowbells. You can read reviews at www.hotel-ami.de/16623/ but save a few Euros and book directly with them, at haus.weiher@arcor.de.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
507 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

Thanks for all the info--I cant wait to go!

5. Re: Where to stay near Neuschwanstein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, September 18, 2009