We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Re: Accident in furth July/August 1976

London
2 posts
Save Topic
Re: Accident in furth July/August 1976

Re: Accident in furth june/july 1976

Hello my german friends. I was in furth in 1976 and was involved in a traffic accident. I ended up in hospbital for one week with head injuries.

The accident appeared in a local furth newspaper including a photograph. I would very much like to have a copy of that newspaper. My name is Donal Coyle and I am from Ireland.

Thank you very much.

Donal.

Good luck in the world cup

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,872 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Re: Accident in furth July/August 1976

www.fuerther-nachrichten.de/verlag.asp…

is offerwing various archive services. But in your case only 3. and 4. are an option.

Do you remember the exact date of the accident? Normally accidents are in the newspaper on the next day. Or if it was in the evening the day after the next day.

Before 1980 only a research by date will be possible. Later articles seem to be searchable in databases by other criteria.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Re: Accident in furth July/August 1976

Donal, sorry to hear about your accident. Could you maybe clear up where you're from? You say you're from Ireland but your post says London (obviously there are a lot of Irish in London). This might be important in trying to locate any newspaper articles, since they might involve either an Irishman or an Englishman. And could you possibly remember whether it was June or July? All this would help to find the newspaper with the photo that you need.

Co. Kildare
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
8,738 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Re: Accident in furth July/August 1976

Sorry, this should read July/August, not June/July.

Get answers to your questions about Fuerth