We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wedmore, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

i am going to bavaria in august for 4 nights / 5 days for hiking, driving, general sightseeing. would it be better to base in garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen - would rather 4 nights in one than 2 in each. any advice welcome please. thanks very much. tappers

Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

Hi..i stayed in garmisch for 5 nights last year and really loved it. The center is very spacious and there are lots of shops and restaurants. It has real bavarian charm. I rented a car and went fussen, swarovski world and several other places.

Florida
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

Garmisch has so much more to see and do and is better for a base. The train, Olympic stadium, ski jump gorge, mountains, restaurants, shops are all great.

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

Hi,

I am planning 3 nights stay at Garmisch end Nov. I am planning to make this a base and visit the surroundings - including the Neuschwanstein castle. Is it easy to travel around if it is by public transport?

I am hoping there would be a place that I could let the kids play with snow and sledding. Not looking for ski lessons. I read about Garmisch Classic. Can anyone help with suggestions on where to go? Thank you.

Edited: 12:29 pm, October 29, 2013
Wedmore, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

thanks very much - garmisch it is !!!

Wedmore, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

thanks very much - garmisch it is !!!

6. Re: garmisch-partenkirchen or fussen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, November 07, 2014