We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Garmisch

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels in Garmisch

I am in doubt whether to choose Dorint Messner or Reindl Partenkirchen Hof for my stay of 4 nights in February. I made reservations for both ...

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
350 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Did you look at the Hotel Edelweiss?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,245 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Hi MiriamM972,

Can you tell us what your prioroties are? Is location important? What do you plan to do while here?

The Parenkirchen Hof is much better located; the Dorint is on the road leading out of town and isn't in walking distance to anywhere.

There are many wonderful hotels in Garmisch -- we may be able to help you find one that is better .. .?

Have fun as you plan!

s

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Location is very important, because although I will be driiving a rented car, I want to be able to wlak to a cafe or a restaurant at night .

I did look at Hotel Edelweiss too, but it did not seem so attractive to me. do you have and personal experience with it?

Besides skiing, I would like to have Garmisch Patenkirchen as a home base to visit other places around like Fuessen, for instance.

Also I am finishing my studies of the German Languade and also want to have some fun testing my skills as I move around.

I like very much the Dorint Hotels and have styed in some of them around Germany in the past.

Europe
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Some years ago, we stayed at the Hotel Edelweiss. We had a very small room and we didn't like it.

We never stayed at the Dorint Hotel, sorry.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

I just looked at Edelweiss and it is full for the period I want. Nevertheless it is a bit far from the town and I wanted walking distance.

San Jose, CA
Destination Expert
for Wengen, Jungfrau Region
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

We adore Hotel Zugspitze, right in the middle of the pedestrian zone/village. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. Nice rooms, very good breakfast.

tennesee
Level Contributor
403 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Reindls gets our vote. We stayed there a few years ago and it quickly became one of our favorites. Wonderful room with a balcony, great breakfasts, wonderful bavarian ambiance. Situated within walking distance of the bahnhof should you want to park the car and do some day trips. Easy walking distance to Partenkirchen.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

Thanks a lot for all the advice.I will probably stay with Reindl since Dorint is indeed a little far and the others are already booked out for the dates I wanted.

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
594 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

I stayed 4 nights in Reindls and did not regret my choice. Wonderful Hotels, spacious rooms and lovely breakfast. Walking distance to major restaurants and attractions.

10. Re: Hotels in Garmisch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 14, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen