We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Olympic Pool

Which Garmisch-Partenkirchen hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Olympic Pool

Is the outdoor Olympic pool I see on Google Earth ( near the Ice rink) open to the public for lap swimming? Would it be open in September?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,105 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Olympic Pool

Hi Enzian!

That's the Alpspitze Wellenbad; here's a link:

gemeindewerke-garmisch-partenkirchen.de/cms/…

The indoor part is open all year round, but I'm not sure about the outdoor part. The other outdoor swimming areas closed this year on 9 Sep. It costs 4,80 per person to swim for three hours or 6,70 for unlimited swimming. Children under six years old have a reduced price.

Have fun as you plan!

s

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Olympic Pool

Perfect! Thanks for the link; I was unable to find that.

My husband is a swimmer ( just missed qualifying for the Olympics in his day) and loves to swim in big pools when we travel. So that one is on the list for our trip.

3. Re: Olympic Pool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 09, 2013