We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberammergau train station

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Oberammergau train station

I would like to know the distance between the train station of Oberammergau to the town centre. Is there any need to connect with a bus to get in to the town centre?

Thanks

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberammergau train station

Hi YimWC,

Oberammergau is a small town, and one can walk it from one end to the other in about 20 minutes. You just have to cross the bridge to get into town.

I don't think they even have town busses, though the DB busses do wind through town as they cross it, and they stop at a few places in town.

You can easily look at the town using google maps to see where all the hotels are in relation to the train station.

I think I would try to use a taxi upon arrival (if you have a lot of bags) and after that, just walk it.

s

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oberammergau train station

Thanks.

What are these DB buses and where can I board them?

I am only intending do a day trip from Munich to Oberammergau. I need to return to Munich within the same day. Would I be able to do it in a day if I am only visiting Oberammergau?

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oberammergau train station

Hi again,

You won't need a bus -- you'll be able to walk to and through the town in the time you would be waiting for the bus.

Yes, no problem doing it in a day. The German rail site is at

www.bahn.com

Just input

From Munich

To Oberammergau

Take a look at google maps, and you'll see how easy it is to get from the train station to the center of town.

s

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
39,037 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oberammergau train station

map Oberammergau

oberammergau-info.de/Ortsplan_Oberammergau.p…

Distance train station to the church is 700 m. And the village center, i.e. the part of interest to tourists, is between both.

bus schedule Oberammergau - Ettal - Linderhof

rvo-bus.de/site/…9622.pdf

Oberammergau Bahnhof: train station

Oberammergau Tiroler Gasse: that's near the church

Ettal Klostergasthof: for Ettal Abbey

Linderhof Schloß: Linderhof Palace

A line 9622 bus from DB Oberbayernbus at Oberammergau train station:

…startbilder.de/1024/setra-s-415-ul-db-21996…

5. Re: Oberammergau train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, December 02, 2013