We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Oberammergau to Neuschwanstein

Fort Collins
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Traveling from Oberammergau to Neuschwanstein

Family of four traveling to Germany in July. What is the best way to travel to Oberammergau, and Neuschwanstein when you don't have a car. We are thinking of visit Munich, Dachau, Andechs Monestary(maybe), Neuschwanstein/Hohenschwangau, and Oberammergau while in the area but may only be traveling by rail. I am not sure if I want to rent a car, take a bus, or a tour at this point. Car rental seems pretty expensive, but traveling with a family of four(kids 21 and 14) making bus connections seems a little stressful. Trying to weigh out the least stressful avenue at an affordable cost. I was thinking about spending the night in Munich and Oberammergau to see the area. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Dachau
Dachau
Upper Bavaria, Germany
1. Re: Traveling from Oberammergau to Neuschwanstein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, March 25, 2013