We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberammergau DVDs?

U.S.
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oberammergau DVDs?

Are full-length videos of the current or recent past Passion Plays available commercially? I have found some video snippets, but nothing close to the whole show.

Southport, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oberammergau DVDs?

I am going to Oberammagau next week and have read in the travel agents literature that dvds are not available. Apparently this is because the participants regard the performances as an act of worship and not just a part in a play. Therefore they think that dvds are inappropriate. I felt quite disappointed about this. Angela Rowe

2. Re: Oberammergau DVDs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 15, 2011