We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

My family & I are traveling through Europe this summer and my parents want to attend the Passion Play in Oberammergau. How do I buy just tickets to the the play (or a 1-2 night package deal?) The main Passion Play site directs me to U.S. Travel Agents that only sell tickets included in full 7-14 day tours. Any advice out there? Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Munich, Amsterdam, The Ardennes
Level Contributor
8,233 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Have you checked out their website?

oberammergau-passion.com/en-us/how-to-book/t…

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,368 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Hi 2MNtravelers,

I believe the trick is to select "other countries" rather than "USA." I just did that and got to a page to book one- or two-night packages. I think you'll have to do it by e-mail or by phone.

Here's a link:

http://pilatushaus.de/index.php?id=117

s

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
3. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

My neighbor picked up the official Oberammergau brochure for private customers while she was on business there. It only lists hotel/ticket packages, nothing about buying advance tickets only to the perfomance. I suggest that once you are in Germany, you go to the tourist office in some German town and see what they can do for you.

Safi
Level Contributor
225 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Try this site:

viator.com/tours/…d487-5148PASSION

LANCS
Level Contributor
32 posts
5. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

I am looking into this myself...The only tickets I can find without a package are via the Oberammergau DER Reiseburo which is the local tourist office.which you must deal with directly.Shock horror. The only Tickets without Accomodatoion Ive come accross are graded.A Very few low grade back of the theatre seats for 45 Euros.Standard seats are around 125 Euros so it makes a package a bit more feesible..I am finding cheap local Accomodation to be difficult to get

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
6. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

I have recently managed to get tickets by going through www.passionsspiele2010.de. Firstly, decide on which package you would like (1 or 2 day) and the date you would like to attend the play.

Click on contact and there you will find the email address.

Email the above information and within a couple of days (maybe three) you will get a response from Passiosspiele confirming that this package is available (or not). You will be instructed to complete Passion 2010 order form pdf which will included giving your credit card details.

After all that you should receive in the mail (ours arrived about 2.5 weeks later) a detailed description of your booking including an invoice stating that your credit card will be debited on a certain date (ours was to the day).

Good luck with it all. From all reports it should be well worth it.

Pearlmelbourne

Melbourne
Level Contributor
16 posts
7. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Sorry, left out one bit of crucial information. Fax pdf off.

Pearlmelbourne

Seabrook, Texas
Level Contributor
168 posts
47 reviews
8. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

Hello. Received this notice via email recently, why not give it a try.

PASSION PLAY TICKETS BULLETIN: German newspapers today reported that the Oberammergau Passion Play will start selling individual tickets without the usual accompanying accommodations and meals perhaps as early as April 1. That means, of course, you will be able to purchase tickets alone and not in a package that includes hotel and meals. The tickets will be sold via the Passion Play website at http://www.passionplay-oberammergau.com/.

Hope this helped,

Susan

new york
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

How did you find someone selling only the ticket? I want to go in late September without a package. Thank you for any phone numbers, etc. you can give me.

Edited: 1:27 am, April 02, 2010
UTAH
1 post
10. Re: Oberammergau Passion Play tickets

what nights and how many tickets

I have four that I can no longer use for May 29th saturday they are tickets only location in the theater is area 1A

contact at clc54@hotmail.com

Edited: 8:15 pm, April 04, 2010