We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2020. Which U.K. Company to book with

oxford
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
2020. Which U.K. Company to book with

Thinking of going to see the Passion Play in 2020 but feeling a bit overwhelmed by the number of companies offering tours!

We would prefer to travel by train & have some flexibility so we could stop over in Germany on the way home.

Any recommendations?

3 replies to this topic
toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: 2020. Which U.K. Company to book with

Me too. I'm in Canada, but I know a lot of the tour companies start the trip in Europe, the only difference being where you fly in from. Where I work there is a travel agency and they suggest for any European tours Insight or Globus for the best (which unfortunately means most expensive) experience. They have smaller coaches and choose hotels closer to the city centres. For that reason I think I will choose one of those, it will just depend on the itinerary. However, Collette had the most reserved seats for 2010, so they are the most experienced with the event. I'll pick the travel agents brain again soon. Let me know what you choose

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
2. Re: 2020. Which U.K. Company to book with

Any updates on this? I am coming from New Zealand and want to book tour ex London but not a Europe tour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Edited: 3:24 am, March 06, 2018
North West England...
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: 2020. Which U.K. Company to book with

We've booked a 3 day package direct with the passion play organisers. https:/…tickets-arrangements. This includes hotel, play tickets, meal previous evening & meal interval for the play itself. We will have to book the rest ourselves ie flights, on-travel to oberammergau, where we stay for rest of holiday etc. There was quite a lot of choice of accommodatiion options in different categories. We plan to be away for 8 days total, but doing it this way will allow us more flexibility for other things to do on the trip. The other key advantage is that it allowed us to pick our specific seats for seeing the play.

We went on a travel-agent organised package 10 years ago, which included 2 days in oberammergau and the rest of the time in the Italian lakes. We looked at travel agent 7 & 8-day packages again for 2020, but none really appealed to us, as we've already already traveled a lot in Europe, and seen many of the places they're offering. It was important to us to get good seats for the play and a lot of the travel agents either offer category 2 seats, or you have to pay extra for category 1. None of them allow you to choose your own seats in the way that the organiser packages do.

Reply to: 2020. Which U.K. Company to book with
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted