We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Rental

Which Mittenwald hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ski Rental

I will be visiting Mittenwald shortly and may try and fit in a couple of hours gentle skiing in the Kranzberg area.

Does anyone know if it is possible to rent skis/boots etc locally and where?

Thanks.

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Rental

Hi Gub-Gub01,

Unfortunately, the Mittenwald tourist site doesn't have much help for this; they only say that the ski schools also rent equipement (they don't give the names or addresses of the ski schools).

I went googled it and found this information:

skischule-mittenwald.de/html/preisliste_skiv…

mittenwalder-skischule.de/Skiverleih_Mittenw…

The pages don't seem to be in English, but you can translate them using google's translation tools. Just to get you started, "Erwachsene" is "adult," and "tag" is "day."

Hope you get what you want!

s

Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Rental

Thanks swandav. That's just what I needed. I do speak a little German, enough to negotiate ski hire and buy myself a beer at least! :~)

But thanks for the tips. I was coming up empty on all my searches for ski rental in Mittenwald,

Cheers,

Garmisch-Partenkirch...
Destination Expert
for Montreux, Oberammergau, Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Level Contributor
13,091 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ski Rental

yaaay! Glad it's what you needed!!

Just fyi, I used google maps to find them. I pulled up the map of Mittenwald, then clicked "search nearby" and searched for "skischule." I also tried to search for "skiverleigh" but that came up blank. So, I trusted that the ski schools would really have rental equipment, and found it that way.

s

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ski Rental

I recommend Max Rieger (http://www.mittenwalder-skischule.de/). There's usually someone there who speaks English. The hut is near the train station - just park in the station car park and look for a wooden hut with a ski school sign outside. They have some skis to rent up at the Kranzberg as well but I wouldn't risk it. From the station you can drive up there or take the ski bus.

Southern England
Level Contributor
82 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ski Rental

Thanks London Oliver. I am staying near the station so that is ideal. I will need to get the ski bus to get to the slopes. I haven't been on skis for a couple of years and I am horribly out of condition but it looks as though there is some gentle stuff near Luttensee where I might be able to find my feet.

6. Re: Ski Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 17, 2014