We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding accommodation for a weekend

Munich, Germany
1 post
Save Topic
Finding accommodation for a weekend

Hello everybody, my husband and I are going to Berchtesgaden for a weekend. I wanted to know what are the chances to find an cheap accommodation without a reservation. Being realistic, I would like to pay around 50-70€ for the two nights.

I know camping tends to be cheaper (at least in my experience), but we don't have a tent.

Greetings.

Rayleigh, United...
Destination Expert
for Seoul, Rothenburg
Level Contributor
12,661 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding accommodation for a weekend

I am not sure if this is 50-70 Euro for two people for 2 nights (ie 12.5 Euro per person per night, or 50 Euro per person for two nights- 100 Euro for the weekend per person).

And without knowing the time of year, it's hard to say. Certainly in August/Sept, I would say no chance.

Edited: 8:32 am, August 04, 2013
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,243 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding accommodation for a weekend

Hi,

Realistically 50 to 70 for 2 per night is doable. We stay in either Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden or Schonau am Konigssee for 50 to 60 per night for 2 people. They include a buffet breakfast, so it's a good deal in my opinion.

www.mayringerlehen.de

http://www.friedwiese.de/enska/isl.htm

You can find many similar places in the area.

Paul

Mentioned in this post
Ramsau
Ramsau
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Konigssee
Konigssee
2,261 Reviews
Berchtesgaden, Germany
Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,153 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding accommodation for a weekend

try

www.hrs.de

it will show all free accommodation in the area for your dates.

google for camping sites nontheless, usually they also rent out log cabins or something like that

Edited: 1:04 pm, August 04, 2013
4. Re: Finding accommodation for a weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 06, 2014