We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

Which Berchtesgaden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

I wanted to visit Berchtesgaden in November, but now, I find out that Eagle's Nest is open summer only. I want to take also Salt Mines tour, go by Jennerbahn Cable Car (will that be closed also?) and take the cruise from Königssee to St. Bartholomä. Which one of these options, excursions, will be active in november? Do you think that maybe 1 day is enough to visit Berchtesgaden in november, instead of 2?

Thanx in advance!

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

The Jenner and Koenigsee may still be operating. But for both, much depends on the weather. If cloudy, neither is really fun. I would visit Salzburg instead. There are good bus connections between B'gdn and Salzburg, about a 45 minutes ride.

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

Depends on the weather... I know :( I can go only in November, and in November I won't be able to visit most of the attractions in the open, if it rains or snows. I won't be able to take good photos because of the weather, so maybe I should reschedule whole trip for some other time. Thanks.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

Good idea! I'm sure the weather is better in Dubrovnik in November than in B'gdn

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Level Contributor
59 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

It's always sunny in Dubrovnik. You surely know better, from Colorado Springs.

I never said I would cancel my trip, just reschedule.

Thanks for your advice.

5. Re: How to spend 2 days in Berchtesgaden in november?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Berchtesgaden