We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with itinerary

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
help with itinerary

My family of 4 including 2 teens 17 and 13 will be travelling to Italy, Austria and Bavaria for 10 days in August. I’d appreciate a critique of my itinerary and any driving and accommodation suggestions. We will be travelling by car from Ancona and would prefer hotels easily reachable by car (close to the autobahn and with parking).

Day 1 Ancona- Mittenwald -or Seefeld? (will spend 2 nights in Mittenwald)

Day 2 Mittenwald, Garmish, Fussen, Neuschwanstein, Zugspitse

Days 3,4,5 drive to Munich, Munich (will spend 3 nights in Munich)

Days 6,7 drive to Salzburg, Salzburg (will spend 2 nights in Salzburg).

Days 8,9 drive to Venice, Venice(will spend 2 nights in Venice)

Day 10 drive to Ancona

Many- many thanks.

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,313 Reviews
from $63.90*
Best Seller
Small-Group Neuschwanstein and...
453 Reviews
from $140.80*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,877 Reviews
from $58.00*
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,295 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with itinerary

Hi Mary,

If you mean Ancona by San Marino, Italy, to Mittenwald, that's 9 hours non stop driving. Who drives that far without stopping? Figure 11 or so hours?

I think day 2 is a real stretch to accomplish. Figure on 2 to 3 hours for Neuchwasntein, a few more for the Zugspitze, and 1:30 each way from Mittenwald to/from Fuessen. Add Garmisch and... I don' know.

Paul

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with itinerary

The distance between Ancona- Mittenwald according to the google maps is 647klm - 6 hours drive. I think you are right about the rest. Thank you Paul!!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
40,567 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help with itinerary

6,75 hours travel time estimated by www.viamichelin.com

Which is on the travel time more realistic than Google Maps. And shows you also the costs of this trips (road tolls etc.).

Corfu, Greece
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with itinerary

thanks again

5. Re: help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, March 21, 2015