We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

Belfast
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

Hi, I would appreciate some advice about this. I am currently in Munich this week with my 6 year old, and having a brilliant time. He is really keen to travel on one of the ICE trains so I had thought we could go to Nuremberg for the day as its oly an hour or so each way. I see there is plenty to do there and would like to visit the Toy Museum etc. I was wondering if it was also feasible to visit the Playmobil Funpark for a coule of hours?. From the DB website it looks like it would be easy to catch a train each way to Zirndorf, but I'm not sure about how to get from Zirndorf station to the park? The bus transfer seems to be only every hour, so would a taxi be expensive?? I realise it may be quite tiring and as we have already been to Legoland and Freizeitpark Marchenwald this week, it wouldn't matter too much if we didn't go. I would also appreciate any other suggestions for child friendly activities in Nuremberg! Thanks in advance

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

Hi there,

I am visiting Nuremberg _right now_ and plan to take the kids to playmobil funland tomorrow, and after about an hour of searching and looking at timetables and routes, I have decided to take a taxi. First, it's complicated: From our hotel (just outside the medieval walls) we'd have to take the 113 (runs hourly on Saturday) to the 151 (also hourly), and wait about 15 minutes in between at a poorly-synchronized transfer station. That, or walk about 0.5 miles with the kids before & after. Second, it's long: about 45 minutes to travel 9km!

It's only 9km from central Nuremberg so by my calculations the cab ride will cost about 15 euro, and it will take about 20 minutes according to google maps. We'd save about 20 euro taking transit, but we'd spend at least 40 extra minutes in transit (more if we don't synchronize).

I'll post again on how it went with taxis.

We (our kids) are very excited for playmobil land, and we are loving nuremberg. But I am astounded that they do not have a direct bus from central nuremberg, considering how many tourists (american or otherwise) would like to go!

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,910 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

From Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof you need approx. 25 minutes to the Playmobil FunPark. But indeed only offered hourly.

VGN timetable

vgn.de/CFF6B06F-C0B4-11D7-AE44-00034709FE0C

To: Zirndorf Playmobil-FunPark

Day ticket for a family (TagesTicket Plus) is EUR 10,60. If bought on a Saturday this ticket is also good for Sunday.

www.viamichelin.com estimates for Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof to the Playmobil FunPark

shortest route: 11 km 36 minutes

recommended route: 15 km 27 minutes

Of course when not staying at the Altstadt (old city) close to the Hauptbahnhof this looks a bit different. I.e. longer time on public transport. And indeed maybe 2 km less driving distance.

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

Thanks Abalada. We were in Gostenhof and I VGN did come up with different timetables.

Anyhow the taxi was painless, there and back, though about 20 euro each way so quite a bit more expensive. In particular the return trip was well worth it because they were tired!

The return taxi from the park was simple -- just have the info desk call you one and it arrives in ten minutes, about how long it takes to motivate the kids to leave.

4. Re: Getting to Playmobil Funpark by public transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 15, 2014