We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyoning in Bavaria or Tirol?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Canyoning in Bavaria or Tirol?

Has anyone been? Recommended companies?

I'm hoping to go in June, within an hour or so of Garmisch... Any warnings or advice?

If I do canyoning, I proably woudn't go up to the top of Zugspitze. Which would be more memorable? I've been up some cool mountains before, but not in the Alps!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,154 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyoning in Bavaria or Tirol?

I know little about canyoning other than a number of people were killed doing this a few years ago in Austria, so perhaps it is safer now. But it certainly looks interesting and like fun! What I can recommend is paragliding, but the only place I've personally done this in Europe was at Interlaken, Switzerland. They have tandem rigs where you go with an experienced pilot who flies the parachute. A number of years ago there was a school for paragliding in Seefeld, Austria, not too far away, and I'm sure paragliding is done in Bavaria also. I've never done summer luging in Europe, but from the US I know that traveling down a concrete chute on the hillside at high speed can also be fun and probably more dangerous than one realizes.

Although I've never done either, canyoning should be more memorable. How many times in your life does one go down a canyon in the water and over waterfalls using ropes? and how many views from different mountain tops have you had? Although probably close to 15 years ago, I remember my paragliding experience quite well, while the trip to the Jungfraujoch and the magnificent Alpine scenery has largely faded away.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,128 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyoning in Bavaria or Tirol?

www.sprenzel-sport.de/wildwasser/index.html

sprenzel-sport.de/wildwasser/…canyoning.html

They offer canyoing tours incl. transfer.

Best is probably just to mail them:

info@sprenzel-sport.de

3. Re: Canyoning in Bavaria or Tirol?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, May 27, 2009