We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Itinerary : Salzburg/Munich & Surrounds

Brisbane
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Itinerary : Salzburg/Munich & Surrounds

I am arriving in Salzburg (from Cesky Krumlov) around midday on 13th May. We depart Munich late evening on the 19th May.

I'd like time to look around Salzburg and see the city.

I'd like to go to Lake Konigsee- for the scenery/photography.

I'd like to go to to Neuschwanstein castle, mostly for the views of the castle and scenery.

I'd also like to go to Rothenburg.

Then see Munich city itself.

We would happily drive to these places or catch the train- or some of both. Or even do a day tour from Munich or Salzburg.

Don't know whether to go to Munich via the castle or Lake Konigsee or what would be too hard to do in one day.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
104 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Itinerary : Salzburg/Munich & Surrounds

I am in the process of planning our 4 to 5 day trip around Bavaria. Rothenburg is one of our destinations as is Bamberg and Regensburg. We arrive in the Munich airport, but will immediately go by public transport to Regensburg, using the Lander Card for Bavaria (28 euros for three of us all day and includes buses, metro rails and non-ICE type trains in Bavaria).

We spent 2 nights in Salzburg a few years back and that was fine - the Salzburg card is a good deal for all the museums and local transport. A couple of days in Munich is also good. Doesn't leave you much time to do everything else! You might save a few dollars by staying in the smaller towns rather than Salzburg & Munich.

2. Re: Help with Itinerary : Salzburg/Munich & Surrounds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 21, 2009