We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any info on bavarian walking routes?

london
3 posts
Save Topic
any info on bavarian walking routes?

Having looked around for books and info on walking in bavaria I seem to have had little luck. I am hoping to do some walking in the region in May just using a walking guide book/maps stopping off at places on route. Don't know if this is a feasible option or if I am simply looking in the wrong places for information. If anyone has some suggestions as to books/websites out there that could assist me I'd be most grateful.

Best Seller
Royal Castles of Neuschwanstein and...
4,005 reviews
from $67.10*
Best Seller
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day...
1,728 reviews
from $60.90*
Best Seller
Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial...
2,115 reviews
from $34.80*
Salzburg Small Group Day Tour from...
1,357 reviews
from $58.40*
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any info on bavarian walking routes?

Most such books are written in German, but of course even without understanding the language you can use their routes. Suitable books and maps are available at bookstores in Germany. You might also want to look into walking tours where your luggage is transported between your hotel stops. I'm sure the Bavarian tourist office also should be able to assist you.

Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
4,867 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: any info on bavarian walking routes?

Go to the tourist offices at the towns where you will be staying. They usually have a "Wanderkarte" of the area where they are located. If you can't get a map there, go to a local bookstore and ask them for a Wanderkarte of the region. That's what the maps are called.

3. Re: any info on bavarian walking routes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, September 19, 2009