We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neuschwanstein Crowds April 11, 2007

Level Contributor
100 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Neuschwanstein Crowds April 11, 2007

We will be visiting Neuschwanstein next week and are not sure if we will be there Wednesday afternoon (April 11) or first thing on Thursday morning.

I was told by the ticket office at Neuschwanstein that reservations are not needed for the first tour in the morning (Thursday), but can anyone give me an educated guess as to the crowds on Wednesday afternoon. I need to know whether to make a reservation or just take a chance.

Thank you.

Big Hat Tours
Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
InMunich Tours
Walking Tours, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
All Things Garmisch - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
BayernTrips Day Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Beer Tastings & Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Level Contributor
51 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Neuschwanstein Crowds April 11, 2007

I was their last year at the same time my tour was early afternoon and it was crowded,I think i would make a reservation just to be safe .It's a great place to see i would not risk it.

Newark, Delaware
Level Contributor
18 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Neuschwanstein Crowds April 11, 2007

We were there on March 26. We had an 11 a.m. tour scheduled, but were given a chance to take an earlier tour which we took. First thing in the morning it does not seem busy. About 10 a.m. it really starts picking up. I cannot say for sure about the afternoons, but it did seem crowded as we walked through town. If you have specific plans after you visit the castle because you are on a tight time frame, I would probably make a reservation.

3. Re: Neuschwanstein Crowds April 11, 2007

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, August 30, 2009