We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volksfest making reservation

Ware, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Topic
Volksfest making reservation

Can anyone help how do you book a table at the festival many thanks in advance?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Go to www.cannstatter-volksfest.de or www.wasen.de and go to the individual tents where you can book tables.

Ware, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Thanks im trying to book the canstatter one but it all in german and confusing think only seats left are in the loge also how do you pay for it? say something about vip?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Both websites can be changed to English, just click on the Union Jack flag. On the Wasen website you'd first have to click on the Cannstatter Volksfest which will take you to the same page as the other website. When you go to the tents, it may again revert to German. Some tent websites will also allow you to change back to English. In general, you must book a table for ten people which then includes at least a liter of beer and a half of a chicken, that's actually what you're paying for is the food and drink. I've never made reservations, but I'm sure near the end of the booking process it'll tell you how you can pay.

Mentioned in this post
Cannstatter Volksfest
Cannstatter Volksfest
62 Reviews
Stuttgart, Germany
Ware, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Thanks if there only 5 going is that ok?

Edited: 11:12 am, June 28, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volksfest making reservation

I think that the minimum reservation is for 10. I don't know what they do if someone reserves say for 15 people, as there then might be 5 seats left over. You could inquire by e-mail with the individual tents. You are free to sit at any unreserved seat, and for any reserved one until the reservation kicks in. For afternoons before 4PM, that shouldn't be any problem. Evenings are another matter, so you might like to sit at an unreserved place at least several hours before then. Don't worry if you can't find a place in one of the tents in the evening (although the atmosphere is best) as there are other places to have a beer, some with entertainment, and it is the world's largest fun festival for other things to do at it. Oh, my definite favorite is Zum Wasenwirt, although I'm way older than the youngish crowd.

Ware, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Thanks for info i see seems all sold out for evenings what does it mean by this

"3 tokens for beer and

½ chicken

worth

€ 34,60"

Do we have to pay that on the day its confusing i have booked for Saturday 11am to 4pm for 5 people.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,277 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volksfest making reservation

I think it means that the usual price of 3 (1 liter=mass) beers and half a chicken is 34.60€, perhaps you're being given some type of discount. I would think that you would have to pre-pay somehow. But I also wouldn't book a table at those times. At 11AM the beer tents will almost be empty, and only when people start to eat lunch will they start to fill up but be far from full until just before 4PM. Without a booking you would be free to wander between the tents freely and choose the ones that you enjoy most. I wouldn't want to be forced to sit at a particular table in perhaps not a too desirable spot (e.g. far from others or in front of loud loud speakers) and perhaps dislike the entertainment (I once experienced an awful band playing Mexican music, but entertainment should be listed on the tents' websites).

Ware, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Volksfest making reservation

Thanks for info no wonder Saturday was not booked out that will teach me well now the problem i have i cant cancel what happens if i dont pay?

I got this pdf sent to me on reservation its in german and have not got a clue what it saying any help

…photobucket.com/user/bingham67/media/bookin…

Wish i didnt bother booking 198 euros it says there what the hell?

Edited: 3:13 pm, June 30, 2014
9. Re: Volksfest making reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 02, 2015