We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels?

7 posts
Save Topic
Hotels?

What area should be stay In to take advantage of the beer fest? We will be arriving Sept 27 for 2 nights ! Have found Hotels but looking for ideas!

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels?

Somewhere close to Hauptbahnhof. It will give you easy access via S-Bahn or Straßenbahn to the Wasen and at the same time is far enough away for not suffering from the noise.

I am thinking of

Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin

Althoff Hotel am Schlossgarten

Motel One Hotel am Hauptbahnhof

Le Meridien

Kronenhotel

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels?

I would always stay in the center of town where, outside of the festival, most is happening. The hotels there will only moderately increase their rates while by the Wasen fairgrounds a few will double or triple theirs. No real need to stay by the Hauptbahnhof (main train station) as the festival is readily and quickly accessible from anywhere in the city by U-bahn or S-bahn. I always recommend the City Hotel on a quiet street which is centrally located and less than a 10 minute walk to the actual center of town, the Schlossplatz, and only a few minutes by the frequent U-bahns of five lines that are a block away. Among other ways, accommodations in Stuttgart are bookable through the tourist information office ( www.stuttgarter-tourist.de ).

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,135 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels?

You are right, there is no need to stay close to Hauptbahnhof. I just remembered the times, when I was still young and a regular at the Wasen with my friends. I hated to change S-Bahn at Hauptbahnhof get home, just way too much trouble after an evening in the Festzelt.

That's why I suggested that area.

It's some time since I left Stuttgart, how long is S-Bahn operating at night? I remember back then there were special trams from Bad Cannstatt to Hauptbahnhof but we were always in a hurry to get the last S-Bahn.

Edited: 11:24 am, September 25, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels?

www.vvs.de will give you the VVS schedules for public transportation. The U-bahn and S-bahns certainly run much later than when the Volksfest ends. Basically, there are several ways to access the Wasen: the I believe U-11 directly to the center of the fairgrounds; the U-1 and U-2 on the western edge, and the slightly longer walk to the S-1, S-2 or S-3 at the Bad Cannstatt station, and I believe the U-13 is across the street from it.

Stuttgart, Germany
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels?

Hi out there,

from this jear on, the S- bahn in Stuttgart runs at the Weekend and before holydays the whole night Long. The night-buses go to Areas where no s-bahn- Support is.

6. Re: Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 01, 2014