We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Topic
Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

Helo,

I am travelling from Frankfurt to Ravensburg via Stuttgart. I have a transfer time of 8hrs in stuttgart in the night from 22:49 to 06:59.

Can I stay in the railway Station Over night??

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

No, you cannot stay in a train station over night. Not unless you want trouble with the police and/or some homeless guys.

Why don't you simply take an earler train? Or later one and take a hotel room in Frankfurt?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

DB train station websites says Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof is open 04:30 till 01:00.

bahnhof.de/site/…daten__und__fakten.html

Anyway not a place where I would want to stay over night. While there are doors at the exits the side towards the platforms is open. No cosy seats indoor in a heated room. Standard comfort level at a train station are wire mesh seats with rain protection (under some kind of roof) and sometimes also against wind. But not against cool night temperatures. Really just to wait some time for the next train, but nothing more.

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

aren't there any waiting lounges or hotels near by stuttgart station?

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

I don't know what you mean with a waiting lounge, but there are many hotels around the station.you can use www.hotel.de and sort the hotels by distance from Stuttgart HF. It is just that it does not make a lot of sense unless you cannot take an earlier train due to late landing but need to be in Ravensburg very early.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,928 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

> aren't there any waiting lounges

No. Even I've no idea what this exactly are.

> or hotels near by stuttgart station?

Of course there are hotels

There is one right inside the train station building

http://www.intercityhotel.com/Stuttgart

Their brochure is at least in German and English

intercityhotel.com/images/…Hotelprospekt

Directly opposite the train station is the Steigenberger Hotel Graf Zeppelin

http://www.steigenberger.com/en/Stuttgart

That's however Stuttgart's most expensive hotel.

There is also a youth hostel

stuttgart.jugendherberge-bw.de/home-s.html…

15 min to walk from the Hauptbahnhof (main train station). But you can also take the tram line U15. At least to the hostel something to consider as the hostel provide great views (= is quite uphill).

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,362 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

One of the cheapest hotels in Stuttgart is the Espenlaub at the Olgaeck stop which can be reached for 1.20€ from the train station using a Kurz ticket on the U-bahn (lines U-5,U-6,U-7,U-12,U-15). A block away from it is Alex30 Hostel for another inexpensive option. Or if you want to, perhaps you could spend the entire night at a club on Theodor-Heuss-Strasse.

7. Re: Stopover at Stuttgart Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 05, 2013