We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
58 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

Arriving Stuttgart Aug 31, 2012, renting a car to tour Southern Germany, trying to locate a Catholic church and orphanage that would have been in operation mid 1800's in the area of Geislinger and surrounding countryside. What is the best way to drive there and do we need to make reservations in advance for accomodations? My great grandfather was Reinhold Stehle, a vinegar maker, and my great grandmother was Agnes Haug. We are trying to find any family records. Thank you for any help.

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
58 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

This has been wonderful information. Thank you for your help.

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
58 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

Thank you. I have sent an email to him.

Regards.

Acton, Maine
Level Contributor
58 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

Thank you, Marcopolko. We have received a response from the website you had referred us to and are narrowing down our search a little more.

We appreciate all your help and advice. Regards.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

I'm glad that you're finding some success.

15. Re: Stehle and Haug ancestry Geislinger area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:43 am, June 18, 2013