We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

cumbria
2 posts
Save Topic
stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

hi, ive organised a trip for 20 friends to 2007 stuttgart beer festival, could anyone tell me how the beer tents work and would i need to book a table to get 20 people sat together! if so does anyone know how to book a table. many thanks steve

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

The beer tents basically work like going into any restaurant. If seats are available, you just go in and order your food and drinks and pay when they arrive. I believe it is also possible to purchase some sort of package deal. For 20 people sitting together could be a problem, especially in the evenings, so having an advanced booking would help. (Looking at one of the tent sites the other day, I noticed that for every 20 people you booked you got something for that. However, I can't remember the tent, or maybe they all do that.) Even if a table is reserved, you can sit there until that time. Information on booking a table, the tents, attractions, performers, etc. can be found at the following websites. (You can also see videos and hear past performances at some of the websites for tents, however many of them are from the world's largest Spring beer festival which lasts 3 weeks instead of Autumn's 2 weeks, and also has about 1/3 to 1/4 the number of visitors, so if in some pictures there aren't that many visitors, that's probably why.)

www.cannstatter-volksfest.de

www.wasen.info

www.wasenpass.de

www.stuttgart-tourist.de

For the larger tents:

Dinkelacker www.klauss.de

Schwaben Brau www.laubwirt.de

Hofbraue www.grandl.com

Fuerstenberg www.fuerstenbergzelt.de

Smaller tents:

Goeckelesmaier www.goeckelesmaier.de

Wasenwirt www.wasenwirt.de

Erlebenniszelt Arcadia www.arcadia-erblebniszelt.de

Wine tents:

Weinzelt Stamerhof www.stamerhof.de

Cannstatter Oberamt www.weinvogt.de

Stuttgart's beer festival has more rides than Munich's if that interests you.

Have a fun time!!!!!!

cumbria
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

Many Thanks for all that info that is a great help!

steve

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

Hello, I have booked a trip for 22 of us to the Canstatter Wasen

in April/May and have regularly been checking the links above for online booking. Could somebody tell me if is usually possible to book into the beer tents for the spring festival as I was expecting that prices/booking would be available by now?

Many thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

"Hello, I have booked a trip for 22 of us to the Canstatter Wasen in April/May and have regularly been checking the links above for online booking. Could somebody tell me if is usually possible to book into the beer tents for the spring festival as I was expecting that prices/booking would be available by now?"

First, there are fewer beer tents in Spring than in Fall, so the ones you're trying to book may not be there. Of course you can book into the beer tents that are open. For more information on Fruehlingsfest go to www.stuttgarter-fruehlingsfest.de , however, I believe the website is only in German, but there are links there to the beer tents that will be open. Some of these websites can be changed to English. The Fall beer festival website www.cannstatter-volksfest.de also usually has hotlinks to the Spring beer festival and possibly a link also to the Fruehlingsfest website. Some of the websites given in my first post may also work.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

At the Frühlingsfest website, on ther left side click on Festzelte (these are the large beer tents), and then select from the individual tents. At the bottom of these pages for the individual tents are additional hotlinks again for the individual tents for reservations, programs and menus. It may be possible to change some of these to English, I know for the Fall festival that may work for some but not all.

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

Thanks for the prompty reply Marko.

I was particularly looking to book into the Scwhaben Brau tent as I believe this is a good atmosphere and nice beer but they don't seem to have tickets avaialble yet? (unfortunately I can't read German so am unsure if their is any info on the spring festival)

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

Hi Marco

Ive had a look at your link now and will try and book one of the tents listed.

Do you have any opinion on which would be best for us?

(Group of 22 30+- year olds)

Many thanks

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

I don't believe there is a Schwaben Bräu tent any more at the Frühlingsfest. The large tents shown on the website are Zum Wasenwirt who serve Stuttgarter Hofbräu, Grandl's Hofbrau Zelt who also serve Stuttgarter Hofbräu, and Göckelesmaier who serves Dinkelacker. Schwaben Bräu is allied with Dinkelacker and San Wald.

Last year I was shocked to see that they had greatly decreased the size of the Spring beer festival, reducing both the number of beer tents and the number of fair attractions. It's kind of understandable with its length being 3 weeks instead of the Fall one's two weeks, and the number of visitors being about a quarter of those in Fall, but it is still the world's largest Spring beer festival.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,043 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

As to a recommendation, I only attend in the afternoon for a short time so can not really advise you based on entertainment. We just go into one that has the most enjoyable entertainment at that time. Before 4PM that probably will work out well, after 4PM from Thursday to Sunday it could be too crowded to easily find seats. I think that Grandl's Hofbräu tent is the largest of the tents. Zum Wasenwirt has promotions on several days for students and also a gay day and appears from their website to be the most trendy. The Göckelesmaier website had little information, and if you can make reservations on it, it is hard to find where as its default page is the Fall beer festival.

Huddersfield
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stuttgart beer festival cannstatter wasen beer tents

Thank you Marco