We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel in Stuttgart?

Which Stuttgart hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
st augustine, fl
Destination Expert
for St. Augustine
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel in Stuttgart?

My friend who lived for a few years in Stuttgart wants to book two nights at the best hotel in Stuttgart. 1st night just lodging, second day with breakfast, lunch and dinner. As a present for his cousin's wedding. THE ZAUBERLEHRLING looks interesting, and I 've asked them for a quote. Any others?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel in Stuttgart?

My wife's and my preference would be Der Zauberlehrling with its themed rooms although we will never stay there because it is only a few blocks from our apartment. It is our favorite place to dine in Stuttgart.

Other possibilities are Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin, Le Meridien Stuttgart, and Hotel am Schlossgarten. The Le Meridien almost always gets excellent reviews, Hotel am Schlossgarten mixed reviews, and Der Zauberlehrling good reviews. Both the Graf Zeppelin and Hotel am Schlossgarten have Michelin starred restaurants in which we've never eaten and therefore can't comment about. The Zauberlehrling is a very small hotel in the Bohnenviertel (old quarter) of town conveniently located near the center, the Graf Zeppelin and Hotel am Schlossgarten are fairly centrally located across from the train station, and Le Meridien is across the palace garden park from the train station. The train station is on the north edge of central Stuttgart.

Any of these hotels should be fine.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
57 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel in Stuttgart?

I would agree with Marcopolo's recommendation of Steigenberger Graf Zeppelin -- the restaurant is fantastic.

I also enjoyed the Kronen Hotel (only a couple of blocks away but in a quieter neighborhood and an amazing breakfast).

3. Re: Best hotel in Stuttgart?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, August 25, 2009