We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baden Wurtzburg ticket

Which Mannheim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Baden Wurtzburg ticket

I remember reading on the forum someplac, but can't find it now, that the Baden Wurtzburg day pass has special conditions on the weekend. I can't find the information on the website and was wondering if anyone can help. If you buy the ticket on a Saturday morning how long is it good for? Can you travel prior to 9 am?

Thanks for any help.

Donna

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
5,141 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baden Wurtzburg ticket

You should look for Baden-Wuerttemberg Ticket.

Wurtzburg (Würzburg is something completely different)

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,550 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Baden Wurtzburg ticket

You mean a Baden-Württemberg Ticket?

bahn.de/i/…baden-wuerttemberg-ticket.shtml

> If you buy the ticket on a Saturday morning how long is it good for?

Till Sunday 3am.

> Can you travel prior to 9 am?

On a Saturday - yes. Also on Sundays and public holidays.

map for the Baden-Württemberg Ticket

bahn.de/regional/view/mdb/pv/deutschland_erl…

Würzburg is a city in Bayern (Bavaria). Baden-Württemberg Ticket is however valid to travel to Würzburg (via Lauda), but as Würzburg is not in Baden-Württemberg the trams and buses there are not covered.

Lethbridge, Canada
Level Contributor
223 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baden Wurtzburg ticket

Thanks, I meant Baden-Württemberg Ticket. I know that you can travel all day Mon- Fri after 9am. I also thought there was a good weekend deal, but could not find it. So with the pass We could travel all day Sat and all day Sunday anywhere with the state - using the map you provided. Is this correct?

We are thinking about going to the Lake Constance area for an over night. We are in Mannheim right now. So I want to be sure I understand,

we can buy the ticket on Saturday morning, travel there, use the ticket for public transit (on the German side). While there and use the same ticket ton Sunday to come home.

What a great deal. Do I have it right?

Thanks again.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,394 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Baden Wurtzburg ticket

No - you need to buy a new ticket for Sunday, it is valid for only one day (until 3 a.m. the following morning).

5. Re: Baden Wurtzburg ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, April 03, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Mannheim