We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

We are going to be touring around Heidelberg in May and then would like to settle early evening somewhere so we can get to Bingen for a rhine tour by 10:00am the next morning. Is there a nice place area to stay outside Heidelberg?

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

Bingen's nice enough. Alternatives nearby on the Rhine:

Bacharach (take 9:30 train south to Bingen (13 min. to Bingen Hbf., then walk to docks, or stay on train to Bingen Stadt station, 27 min., slightly closer to docks) to start cruise - it leaves at 10:30, not 10:00.

Assmannshausen (across the river - one boat dock north of Bingen - start there?) Hotel Krone?

www.hotel-krone.com/en/hotel/index.html

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

I was wanting to book the night before closer to Heidelberg as we will be finishing our day there. Any suggestions?

Paradise, California
Destination Expert
for Rhineland-Palatinate
Level Contributor
6,336 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

How are you traveling? By car? Closer to Heidelberg: Ludwigshafen, Mannheim... not all that interesting. Assuming you are driving... It's only an hour to Bingen from Heidelberg, with evening traffic a little better, I'd guess, than early morning. Alzey, an attractive little town, is on the direct route, but it's about 45 min. from Heidelberg, so that doesn't save you much time. Maybe someone else will have some better suggestions.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

Yes i have a car.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,678 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

If you really want to stop in between, I'd suggest Speyer, Worms or Mainz, old cathedral towns between Heidelberg and Bingen.

If you want to stay in Heidleberg itself, I'd suggest the Crowne Plaza Hotel because its nicer than usual and outside the "Old Town" area, so its a quicker getaway to Bingen.

Or, as suggested stay in Bingen itself so you don't have to race out in the morning.

6. Re: Heidleberg to Bingen - Accommodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:33 am, June 05, 2013