We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to travel from Fussen to Blackforest?

Singapore, Singapore
11 posts
Save Topic
How to travel from Fussen to Blackforest?

Hi, can anyone suggest what is the best and fastest mode of transportation to go to Triberg from Fussen? I checked the DB site and the time taken shown is about 11 hours. Is the journey really that long? I intend to depart after dinner in Fussen area. Approximately around 1900hrs.

Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Fussen
Fussen
Swabia, Germany
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,269 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to travel from Fussen to Blackforest?

If you would leave at a more reasonable hour such as 8AM than the trip would take about 6 hours. But you are wanting to travel in the evening and late at night when there are few trains running.

If you go to www.bahn.com and enter your travel details making sure to spell Füssen correctly, i.e. Fuessen, when the various options come up click on the < or > to the left of them and the details of the connections will be given.

Driving certainly would be faster ( www.viamichelin.de ), but then I doubt that you can rent a car for one-way travel in Fuessen.

2. Re: How to travel from Fussen to Blackforest?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, May 15, 2014