We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
110 posts
207 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

We will be driving to Freiburg (from Bacharach) on Wednesday and the forecast is rain. We are staying for 2 nights before heading out to Wengen. Can you give me some ideas on what to do in the Freiburg area when it rains? We have a rental car.

Thank you!

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,073 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

Grab an umbrella, put on a rainproof jacket and sturdy shoes, and go ahead with whatever you would have wanted to do. There is no bad weather, there is only wrong clothing.

"Rain" does not necessarily mean that it will rain all day long. It is too early for reliable weather forecasts anyway, so don't worry too much now.

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
110 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

You just reminded me to pack my poncho. Thx! Keeping fingers crossed the weather will be better than forecasted!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,847 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

Unlike further north, nearer the coast, rain in this part of Germany usually comes in bands of clouds separated by sunshine. Not every cloud band will generate rain if any do, and if it rains it usually isn't too hard or for a very long time. Days where it rains the whole day are very rare.

4. Re: What to do in Freiburg area when it rains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 16, 2014