We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

Can someone recommend holiday apartment or aparthotel for family of 4 not too far from Freiburg?

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

Dreisam valley (Kirchzarten and others) - holiday apartments

dreisamtal.de/en/…

Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

I'd like to find website with online booking.... All sites I found require Cash transfer, that is very uncomfortable from canada

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
38,150 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

For hotels this is easy, e.g.

http://www.hrs.com

With vacation apartments not. Complete are only the lists of the towns or the ones of the regional tourist organizations. As they list all as this is (more or less) their duty. The commercial portals in this field list only the ones paying for this. And very few do this. If than of course the more expensive ones.

Bank transfers area easy and cheap inside the EU. Accepting credit card payments not. And thus with the owners of vacation apartments totally uncommon.

But you can talk with the owners on this. There may be other solutions. E.g. if one has a Paypal account it is also possible to transfer money this way.

Edited: 8:46 pm, April 16, 2012
Toronto
Level Contributor
919 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

I found 2 apartments , one owner asking for bank transfer deposit, second owner for credit card number.

I'm scared to do both....

P.S. Didn't have big problem finding such apartment in France and Spain. ... I thought Germany is more advanced.... :(

5. Re: Holiday apartment close to Freiburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 am, June 19, 2013