We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Watching Stanley Cup Finals in Frieburg area?

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
Watching Stanley Cup Finals in Frieburg area?

Now that my hockey team (Vancouver Canucks) is going to the Stanley Cup finals, and I'll be in Freiburg/Gutach, does anyone know

a) if it will be shown on television there at all, or

b) if there are "sports bars" or similar where crazy Canadians and hockey fans in general might congregate to watch?

Thanks!

Edited: 1:02 am, May 25, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,871 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Watching Stanley Cup Finals in Frieburg area?

North American sports are poorly covered in Germany, unless there is a local angle. Therefore, if you are a Dallas Mavericks basketball fan you can easily follow the team because their star is German. Otherwise, forget it. There is a Eurosports channel in English, but I doubt that they would carry these games. Another possibility is over the Internet as I was able to watch the NCAA March Madness basketball games live, but if such a thing is possible, you could also be blocked from viewing it as your computer is physically located in Europe.

Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Watching Stanley Cup Finals in Frieburg area?

That's too bad. The team that they beat tonight (San Jose Sharks) has a player born in Frieburg, Dani Heatley. Hopefully we can find something live streaming, or else maybe we'll have to drive to Lahr and find hockey-crazed Canadians there...

3. Re: Watching Stanley Cup Finals in Frieburg area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 26, 2012