We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

We are looking for a small village/town to stay overnight between Baden-Baden and Freiburg, not too far away from A5. Any suggestions?

Also wonder if somebody could recommend a nice hotel/B&B/Gasthause, (2 adults and 2 teens) at the rate of max 150euro for all four of us.

Freiburg Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Munsterplatz
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Bachle
Bodies of Water
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,872 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

Gengenbach

http://www.stadt-gengenbach.de/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
14,750 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

You might also consider Sasbach-walden: http://www.sasbachwalden.de/2532_DEU_WWW.php

Edited: 7:28 am, May 11, 2010
Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

Thank you both. Both places looks wonderful, and they are not even mentioned on my map, so I've had to google to find out where it was.

Is there some hotels/B&B/Gasthause you can recommend in Gegenbach?

Edited: 9:19 am, May 11, 2010
Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

After studing the map more exactly it seems like it might be a bit to long to drive to Gegenbach for this night, I do think we need to stay over 1-2 hours north of Gegenbach, still close to A5, any suggestions on a small, nice village/town? If we manage we will try to go to Gegenbach, we love the look of this town.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,888 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

2 hours north of Gengenbach would already be the Frankfurt area. However, I'd avoid the agglomeration and either stop before or continue further South.

Between Darmstadt and Heidelberg the A5 runs parallel to the foot of the Odenwald hills. There, along Bergstraße, you find castles, vineyards and orchards and a couple of small towns with pretty old centres. Weinheim and Ladenburg are the finest among them, but Bensheim or Zwingenberg are also options to consider.

If you want to stop already North of Frankfurt, I'd like to mention Alsfeld, Butzbach, both with half-timbered houses, and the art nouveau spa of Bad Nauheim.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,872 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

Bergstrasse (Darmstadt - Heidelberg)

http://www.diebergstrasse.de/?id=3&L=2

Weinheim

www.weinheim-marketing.de/index.php…

hotels/pensions etc.

www.weinheim-marketing.de/index.php…

Ladenburg

www.ladenburg.de/index.php…

virtualtourist.com/travel/Europe/Germany/Lan…

accommodation

www.ladenburg.de/index.php…

Larvik, Norway
Level Contributor
398 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

Thank you all so much for the help. Your suggestions are fantastics, and so are the links. Several of your suggestions are, again, not mentioned on my Michelin map, so I had to check them up on the internet. Now we have several options also on our way back home, we will defenitly visit several of your suggestions!

Edited: 7:48 am, May 15, 2010
8. Re: Place to stay between Baden-Baden and Freiburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:37 am, November 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Freiburg im Breisgau