We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
164 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

I plan to drive around Black forest during the easter weekend. Plan to start from Heildelberg on Friday,stay there for the night, drive to Freiberg on Saturday morning, do Freiberg, drive to Strassborg on sunday and leave for Kassel on Monday. Hotels are booked but would appreciate some nice driving routes.

Also, can some one guide if Heildeberg castle is open on Friday.

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Black Forest
Black Forest
Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Kassel
Kassel
Hesse, Germany
Freiburg Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
Munsterplatz
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,541 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

I hope you have not booked a hotel in Freiberg, because Freiberg is in Saxony, 8 hours away.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
164 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

No, the hotel is in Freiburg im Breisgau :-), i am just afraid of getting lost in the highways.

Mentioned in this post
Freiburg im Breisgau
Freiburg im Breisgau
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
15,269 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

I would always suggest getting a good large scale (1:150,000) map of the area which has interesting natural and man-made places to visit shown on it that are rated, and then select the things you wish to see and visit also some other places along the way. Scenic roads, valleys, vista points etc. will be shown.

To me, there is only one "must see", in the Black Forest, the open air museum of reconstructed large Black Forest farmhouses from throughout the region just south of Hausach.

Mentioned in this post
Black Forest
Black Forest
4. Re: Black forest car drive over easter weekend - suggestion plea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 28, 2010