We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips from feiburg

Drogheda, Ireland
Level Contributor
195 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Trips from feiburg

We are planning on staying in Freiburg for 9 days and would like to go on a few day trips. We will be using public transport.

Are Baden-baden and Triberg close by and easy to get to.

We would also like to go to some of the themeparks or animal parks. I believe the europa park is good but can you recommend some of the others.

We would also quite like to do a wine tour, can you recommend some or even a good tour company as we will be staying in a self catering apartment so cant book through our hotel.

Sorry for all the questions, hope you can help.

Seattle area
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips from feiburg

Oc course, there is much to see and do on the German side of the border, but also, in Freiburg, you will be right across the border into France.

Colmar and Alsace are a must see if you are looking for an easy day trip from Freiburg. I won't go into detail about this lovely and historic city and the region around it.. Just go to the France TA site and search Colmar and Alsace.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
9,952 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips from feiburg

Baden-Baden is absolutely no problem to reach by train.

To Triberg you'll have to change trains once, in Offenburg. Along that route I recommend also seing the little old town of Gengenbach, which is a real jewel.

The by far best zoo in the surroundings is the one in Basel. The city is worth seeing, too, and easily reached by train.

Up into the Black Forest, you can also take the very scenic Höllental train up to Hinterzarten and Titisee and over to Donaueschingen.

Another option is the Münstertal route: local train to Bad Krozingen, change there for Staufen (picturesque old town) and Münstertal.

Sorry, just checked the time, I'm in a hurry right now - I'll be back later. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like!

3. Re: Trips from feiburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 30, 2009