We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

Which Freiburg im Breisgau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bangalore india
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

Could anyone tell me the taxi fare from franfurt international aiport to freiburg 2 people travelling is it cheaper than train?

Please reply to

aruna1@gmail.com

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,889 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

prices for 2 persons 1 way

http://www.german-transfer.de

Economy Shuttle EUR 262,00

Exclusive Shuttle EUR 340,60 (this service is comparably to a taxi, taxi would be even more expensive)

travel time 2,5 hrs

train

ICE normal price EUR 118,00

ICE discounted special EUR 58,00

travel time 2:05

You can check for the specials at the DB timetable

DB Timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

To: FR

Note: the specials are restricted in numbers and are only valid for the booked connection. While normal price tickets are flexible.

Another option are Rail&Fly tickets from your airline

bahn.de/international/…rail_fly.shtml

Mannheim, Germany
Destination Expert
for Zurich, Mannheim
Level Contributor
13,713 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

Is there anywhere in the world where a taxi is cheaper than the train???

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,321 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

Depends on distance and number of people, might occasionally be true but not for Frankfurt to Freiburg with only 2 travelling.

Airfare cheaper than taxi to the airport (as an Easyjet ad goes) can happen these days!

Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

If you're really interested in saving money, and you happen to be traveling on a weekend, you can get a "happy weekend" ticket for travel of up to 5 people for 18 euros (last time I checked) and it lasts for 48 hours (I think). The only negative-you have to take local trains, so you will be travelling for several hours longer. If you're strapped for cash, though, it might be worth it. You have to buy these tickets from the older machines, and I don't think you can do this online.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,889 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

> up to 5 people for 18 euros (last time I checked) and it lasts for 48 hours (I think).

That must have been quite some time ago.

The Happy-Weekend-Ticket is now EUR 35,00 and only valid either Sa or Su. Or more exactly

Sa midnight till 3am Su

Su midnight till 3am Mo

(thus at max 27 hours)

> The only negative-you have to take local trains, so you will be travelling for several hours longer.

One of the worst routes for local trains only.

Travel time by local trains will be 4,5 - 5 hrs.

> You have to buy these tickets from the older machines, and I don't think you can do this online.

The old machines mostly don't exist anymore. But you can buy it from the new ones as well. Online is also possible.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

Your airline may participate in the Rail&Fly programme bahn.de/international/…rail_fly.shtml.

Rail&Fly offers very cheap rail fares from Frankfurt airport to anywhere in Germany.

7. Re: Taxi fare from Frankfurt airport to Freiburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Freiburg im Breisgau