We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teutonica Clock Manufactory

Edmonton, North...
1 post
Save Topic
Teutonica Clock Manufactory

I have a clock which has a label on the back saying

TEUTONICACLOCKMANUFACTORY

made in Baden

P. H & S

No. 9/2

The actual clock has a brass and enamal dial with two holes for winding and a small brass and enamel pendulum with the letters R A and a downpointing arrow seperating the two letters.

Can anyone tell me anything about this clock?

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Teutonica Clock Manufactory

Does it really say “TEUTONICACLOCKMANUFACTORY”? When I searched I couldn't find anything but when I changed to “TEUTONIA CLOCK MANUFACTORY” (with spaces and without the C in Teutonia) I got some hits (mainly ebay).

Germany
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Teutonica Clock Manufactory

I just realized: on one site (www.clockswatches.com/showindex.php?em=t) it said “Teutonia Clock Manufactory - See Haas & Soehne”; the link leads to another page which lists “Haas, Phillipp & Sohne” (most likely a typo, should also be Soehne or Söhne). So the P. H & S on your clock most likely stands for “Phillipp Haas & Söhne”.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,916 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Teutonica Clock Manufactory

P. H & S

Philip Haas & Söhne (& Sons)

A bigger clock manufactury in St. Georgen (Black Forest) which produced clocks from 1865 to 1925. Main export markets had been England and the US.

St. Georgen is, like most of the Black Forest, in Baden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baden

LONDON
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Teutonica Clock Manufactory

Can u let me know if you had any luck finding it as i have the same clock and wondered how much it was worth

5. Re: Teutonica Clock Manufactory

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 06, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Baden-Baden