We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving around Black Forest

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Driving around Black Forest

Hi All,

We are planning to drive down to the Black Forest from Stuttgart and spend around 5 - 6 days around the area in 2 weeks time. Our draft itinerary is to visit Triberg, Furtwangen, Freiburg and Europa Park before heading back to Amsterdam.

What is a good base for my itinerary and if there are any other towns nearby worth visiting ?

Cheers,

Kev

israel
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving around Black Forest

Hi,

every village at Freiburg area wi'll be good for the base. freiburg is an only town in the region, but you have a lot of small charming towns in surroundings. I would like reccomend Schiltach which is lovely small town and good to end there the day trip to Triberg waterfalls, Furtwangen.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,787 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving around Black Forest

You could also drive over the border to Alsace and visit some of the charming wine villages near Colmar.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving around Black Forest

Thank you for your input, will see how i can incorporate them into my itinerary. Any other suggestions would be much appreciate.

4. Re: Driving around Black Forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 20, 2014