We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

Palmerston North...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

Is this possible? If so what is the best way using the public transport system.

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,520 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

IMO it isn't worth the effort. The travel time to e.g. Titisee or Triberg is about 2:45 one way. And the B.Forest regions closer to Zurich don't exactly have good public transport connections.

Timetables:

http://www.bahn.de/i/view/DEU/en/index.shtml

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

The reply is probably late for you but wil surely help others. After struggling to find out the routes etc from zurich I finally got there. To begin with, its absolutely possible to do a day trip from zurich . black forest is a huge places with many small places. would recommend triberg. Possible routes are zurich -konstanz - triberg or zurich - rottweil- triberg . You could get off at many of the stations in the region if you do not like triberg. The natural beauty of the place I think is over hyped. They are essentially low mountains with very dark green ferns. After having been around switzerland I did not find it very impressive. The connections from zurich to rottweil or konstanz is about every two hrs. So you must plan your trip in advance if u are looking to do a day trip. Takes about 3 hrs to reach there including transfer time. Triberg is a small place and you could see the place and buy the cuckoo clock comfortably in 4-5 hrs. So try reaching there by 12 see and hike around the waterfall for a couple of hrs. Do the museum if u wish spend time at the local cuckoo and souvenir shops and would be back for the 5.44 train to rottweil in the evening. Remember for rottweil to Black Forest you can buy a group ticket for 23 Eur that allows you to use all transport in the region for the day. If u are buying anything moe than two adults this option is cheaper

haifa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

I intend to travel by train from Zurich to St.Peter in Schwarzwald, Germany. Any suggestion for the best connection. Thanks in advance

4. Re: Day trip from Zurich to Black forest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 24, 2014