We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

Can anyone give me any information regarding the above. I am planning a visit next summer and would like to know the whereabouts of this monument. Will I need a car to get around?

Thanks in anticipation of replies.

Jackie

Freiburg im...
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

The village you are looking for is not Sasbachwalden, but Sasbach, a part of Achern. There seemed to be a relevant memorial plaque, but I don't know if it still exists. I think your best would be to contact the local history society:

http://www.vkuh.de/kontakt.html

And yes, a car is advisable.

Edited: 1:43 pm, July 23, 2012
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

Thank you for your response. I will do exactly what you have recommended.

Jackie

Wroxham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

Jackie, It's me Pete Ingram. I was researching some details on google and saw your message I am going to visit the memorial site in the Black Forest in a couple of weeks and hope to pay my respects on the anniversary of the tragic crash. please contact me by my email if you still need the details of where the crash happened.

peteingram4@hotmail.com

4. Re: Monument to RAF Soldiers that died in Sasbachwalden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 27, 2014