We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

Can someone guide me to the right place for finding trains from Nürnberg to Frankfurt, please? I've tried the Germain rail site, but I can't seem to get past the date of Sept. 14th for some strange reason. I want to check out trains for this December in the hope that they will be much the same in December 2007.

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

The schedule changes from summer to winter on 12/11/06. That data is not yet available. Basically there should not be much difference from what you are seeing now.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,587 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/e

To: Frankfurt

or just

To: F

Use "FRA airport" if Frankfurt International Airport is your destination.

Timetable should be online till mid December, when the yearly timetable change takes place.

> December in the hope that they will be much the same in December 2007

Normally this is indeed the case. But not this time. In May the new highspeed line Munich - Nuremberg was opened. And as this was outside the main yearly timetable change, the new line will only be fully integrated with the new timetable in December. Thus the schedules Munich - Nuremberg - Frankfurt will change. DB plans also to introduce half hourly connections instead of hourly connections between major centres. Don't know however if this is introduced on this route this year.

Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

Thank you so much for the good news Abalada. I hope that they have half hour sevice to Manheim and Basel from Frankfurt Flughafen. I have three times reached the top of the esculator only to see the ICE train to either Manheim or Basel just leaving and setting me back an hour.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,587 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

Frankfurt Airport - Mannheim is certainly a prime candidate for half hourly service.

To Basel? Unlikely.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,352 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

Thanks for the help.

6. Re: Nürnberg to Frankfurt by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, August 18, 2009