We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhine river cruises

Altdorf bei...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Rhine river cruises

If I am staying in nurnberg at the airport, how do I get to the train to go to catch a rhine river midday cruise boat and where is the best place to board the boat? Do I need to return to another place off the boat in order to catch a train to be back at my hotel by late that evening?

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhine river cruises

The Rhine is nowhere near Nürnberg, and surely not a day trip fromn there. Please have a look at a map and do a reality check.

Altdorf bei...
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhine river cruises

Thank you, I had someone in the airport tell me differently and I couldn't make it add up.

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhine river cruises

They were probably referring to Main or Danube/Donau or the canal along the Altmühl valley, which are a lot closer. A fine option would for example be the boat trip from Kelheim through the gorge to the baroque Weltenburg abbey, or starting from Regensburg. Or from Würzburg on the Main. These starting points could be reached by train in a realistic timeframe.

4. Re: Rhine river cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, July 06, 2015