We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam or Berlin ? Which is Best to Visit on Weekend

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam or Berlin ? Which is Best to Visit on Weekend

Dear Friends,

I am travelling to Germany on business trip for 12 days. I just have 1 weekend in between and would like to best utilize the time available. Could anyone suggest which could be the more interesting and best place to visit for 2 days on weekend? Is it Amsterdam or Berlin? For me, both are new place.

Please advice the right place.

Thanks,

Purushottam

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,553 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam or Berlin ? Which is Best to Visit on Weekend

That is not really possible without knowing your interests!

Amsterdam is much older with cobbled streets and many canals. Berlin was devastated last century so has a much more modern feel.

I suggest you do some reading and see which appeals more!

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,593 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam or Berlin ? Which is Best to Visit on Weekend

It depends where you are in Germany, as you haven't told us, we can't know how long it would take you to get to either But in any case two days isn't very long at all and with so little time I would say Amsterdam as it is a lot smaller

3. Re: Amsterdam or Berlin ? Which is Best to Visit on Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 09, 2015