We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

London, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

I really need some advise on how to get from Hahn Airport to the Colour Hotel which is situated in Frankfurt Main..

I dont know if there are any buses which could take me directly to the Hotel or if i would have to Frankfurt Main Airport then get a tram leading to the hotel itself?

Are there any coaches I can take? and if so how much would it be?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

The bus from Hahn takes you directly to the Frankfurt main train station, Hauptbahnhof. The Colour Hotel is about a 2 min, walk from where the bus drops you off. No need to go to the airport, though the bus will stop there too on the way into town.

I think the Bohr bus is 14 € now, but check their website. RyanAir has a link to them.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

Thank you very much ! Do they announce Hauptbahnhof for people to get off?

And another question.. I am also going to visit Bad Neustadt therefore I will have to take the ICE train ... Can I get that train from Hauptbahnhof aswell?

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

The Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof is a gigantic building and everyone will have to get off as it is the last stop, before the bus turns around to go back to Hahn. Google photos of it.

Yes, you can get the ICE at the Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Are you sure of your trains though? They might be Regional trains or IC trains.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
36,128 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

> Thank you very much ! Do they announce Hauptbahnhof for people to get off?

It's the final stop. They will kick you out. The buses have only 2 stops Frankfurt Airport and Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. If you see skyscrapers you're at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof.

DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Frankfurt(Main)Hbf

Destination: Bad Neustadt(Saale)

> I will have to take the ICE train

No must. Not much slower using regional trains. Select as means of transport "only local transport" for this. Cheap if you use 2 tickets.

a) RMV ticket Frankfurt to Kahl (first stop in Bavaria) EUR 7,80

http://www.rmv.de/en/

b) Bayern Ticket (Bavaria Ticket) to cover the part from Kahl to Bad Neustadt

bahn.de/i/…bavaria-ticket.shtml

You can buy both tickets from the ticket machines at Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof. Having both ticket you can just stay seated at Kahl. Bayern Ticket covers also the buses in Bad Neustadt.

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

Thank you ! Ye, ICE is one of the trains I have to take and then I also have to take RE and another one. I just hope i don't get lost haha :)

London, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

Cheers for the detailed reply :) It will definitely be of use to me.

7. Re: How do I get from Frankfurt Hahn Airport to Colour Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, February 01, 2015