We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bavaria in 4 days! :(

4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bavaria in 4 days! :(

I knows it's less but coming all the way from asia with limited time, so have planned the below - any advice would be of great help:

Day 1 - driving from munich to neuschwanstein to staying the night at Lindau

Day 2 - driving from lindau to triberg, going via titisee and bodensee...stayin the night at triberg

Day 3 - from triberg to mummelsee and staying there at night

Day 4 - back to munich from mummelsee for an afternoon flight at 3pm

The idea is to drive and see as much as possible...any ideas on good BnBs i could stay in at lindau / triberg / mummelsee..

Thanks!!!

Prosenjit

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bavaria in 4 days! :(

I don't know any specific hotels or B&B's in those locations.

But you can book rooms at the local tourist offices. For the website of any tourist office in Germany, Google the name of the town and add .de . So, for Triberg, Google triberg.de . Some tourist offices will book rooms for a fee but many will do so for free. It seems the larger the city or town, the higher the fee and the more likely that they will charge.

You can then get the hours that the tourist offices are open and their addresses. On Google, you can even see where they are on a map and print and take it along with you.

I've booked many rooms through the local tourist offices over the years and have never been disappointed by what I got. If you have a specific budget, then mention that to the nice person behind the counter. If it is a practical price they'll find you a room and if it is too low, they will politely inform you of that.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bavaria in 4 days! :(

thanks a ton for the advice.

Incidentally, would you recommend staying in mummelsee or baden-baden? Both seem to be great places!

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
527 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bavaria in 4 days! :(

On your way from Lindau to the Black Forest I would try to stop in Meersburg. It's on your way and very scenic.

Portland, Oregon USA
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bavaria in 4 days! :(

Sorry, I've never visited Mummelsee and my visit to Baden-Baden was very short.

5. Re: Bavaria in 4 days! :(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 25, 2014