We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Berlin

Windsor...
Level Contributor
134 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Air Berlin

Anyone fly air Berlin from NYC? Is there an inflight movie?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46,004 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Berlin

airberlin.com/en-US/…serviceclasses.php

Cape Coral, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Berlin

Thanks!!

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Berlin

Be careful flying air berlin. Took a flight from NYC to Berlin and back.

They lost my luggage. It has been over 5 months and nothing. No compensation, terrible service, nothing.

Most unprofessional air line ever. When you try calling customer service it takes forever. Not to mention you need to talk to someone in Berlin on their hours.

If you want customer service stick with american airlines. They may actually compensate you!

Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Berlin

"They lost my luggage."

You sure THEY lost it? Maybe the airport messed it up. An airline usually just uses the facilities provided by the airport. But yeah, easier to say the airline messed it up.

I have flown with Air Berlin a lot, not on that route, but it is e.g. my preferred airline between Hamburg and Vienna, NEVER had any problems, not once including checked in luggage - and I use them at least every two months.

Nuremberg, Germany
Level Contributor
7,619 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Berlin

Why would you call the service center in Berlin? You could also call the toll free US number and the service centers are available 24/7.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
16,896 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Berlin

I agree that it is hardly air berlins fault. luggage transfer is now fully automated and controlled by the airport.

luigi did you not have travel insurance? it would seem a little shortsighted to travel from the states to Europe and back without travel insurance. and isn't there travel insurance on mastercards?

air lines can provide compensation but it is limited by a convention (forgotten the name of it)

I should have added....it is possible that the luggage went astray in nyc. presumably there was a missing luggage counter at nyc. did they help?

Edited: 2:12 pm, December 16, 2013
Wollongong...
Level Contributor
70 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Berlin

Air Berlin - i've flown Air Berlin a number of times both internally and internationally in the last few years (Berlin to Abu Dhabi/Munich) I can advise the flight crew - service - cleanliness and efficiency have been very good to excellent on all occasions.

The airline also over an inflight entertainment system that provides a good selection of movies/radio/tv etc, the only issue i've experienced is the screens are a little on the small side and a little older but still functioned well.

When possible I will be using and recommending Air Berlin in the immediate future.

8. Re: Air Berlin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 23, 2014