We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning questions re airport and Cologne

Sioux Falls, South...
10 posts
Save Topic
Trip planning questions re airport and Cologne

After many weeks and several date changes I think we are ready to book our flight for a May trip to Germany. We will be arriving at the Frankfurt airport around 1pm on a Saturday and need to catch a train to Cologne. How much time should we allow for customs, luggage, etc? We will be meeting our daughter in Cologne for the weekend, and I see from this site that most touristy sites will be open on Sunday which is great. How late will shops be open on Sat. evening and how early would they open on Mon.? We don't plan to spend much time shopping, but since we've heard the stores there are very good we girls may want to devote a couple of hours to it while my hubby finds a brew house! Thanks in advance!

Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
519 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip planning questions re airport and Cologne

Hi, I can answer the question about the shops: on Saturdays most non-food shops will be open till 8 pm, some till 9 pm and most (but not all) super markets till 10 pm. On Sunday all shops are closed except the ones in Cologne's main train station (Hauptbahnhof).

2. Re: Trip planning questions re airport and Cologne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, December 17, 2013